• Hard coolers or like containers
• Sealed packages of any kind
• Bottles or cans (glass or metal)
• Aerosol cans or noise-making devices
• Video cameras or recording devices (except for cell phones and SLR cameras with video or recording capabilities)
• Computers or laptops
• Animals (unless a service animal)
• Flags, banners or signs
• Any materials constituting unauthorized advertising or promotion
• Laser pointing devices
• Tennis racquets
• Drones (UAS-Unmanned Aircraft Systems) or other model aircraft
• Selfie-sticks or other telescopic devices
• Any other items deemed inappropriate or dangerous by US Open personnel, in their sole discretion
Code of Conduct
All of us at the USTA want your US Open experience to be enjoyable and memorable. Every fan plays an important part in making sure that the experience is fun for all. We want you to have fun and be safe while you’re here, we want you to leave happy – and look forward to coming back! With that goal in mind, all fans are expected to comply with the following Guest Code of Conduct while at the Open:
- Shirts and footwear are required to be worn at all times
- Do not wear any clothing or accessories with indecent, inappropriate, or offensive messaging or imagery
- Refrain from the use of foul, abusive, offensive or inappropriate language or gestures, and any inappropriate behavior that creates a disruptive atmosphere for other guests
- Do not enter upon any tennis court
- Consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible and lawful manner
- Do not use fan/user based video streaming apps and video recording devices to record on-court action or activities
- Show your ticket upon request and only sit in your designated seat, where applicable
- Follow instructions from event staff regarding event operations or emergency procedures
- Umbrellas may not be in the open position during play
- Refrain from smoking, as this is a smoke-free environment
If any guest observes any inappropriate behavior or an incident of concern, please contact the nearest event staff or text a message to the US Open Command Center at (917)-708-8080.
Guests who do not adhere to the US Open Guest Code of Conduct will be subject to ejection without refund and/or possible arrest and may be prohibited from attending future US Opens.
Remember, each of you play a large role in ensuring that the US Open experience is enjoyable for all. We want you to have fun. We want you to be safe. We want you to keep coming back. Thank you for your cooperation – and thank you for being a US Open fan!
Safety is one of the highest priorities at the US Open as we continue to take every reasonable step to ensure the safety of everyone entering through the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center gates. Once again, several important security measures will be implemented in conjunction with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
1. We encourage guests to arrive early to avoid delays and help speed the entry of all spectators.
2. All guests will go through a screening process before passing through the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center entry gates.
3. There will be a limit of one bag per person admitted onto the Grounds.
4. All bags are subject to search and must not be larger than 12”W x 12”H x 16”L.
5. There will be no bag storage on the Grounds. For a nominal charge, there are bag storage facilities located outside the East Gate and the South Gate entrances.
6. Speed Lines for guests without bags will be available at the East Gate and the South Gate entrances.