On Monday, four US Open umpires were recognized for their excellence and dedication to the game of tennis at the 2018 US Open Umpire Awards.

All 350 US Open umpires gathered prior to the start of play on Day 8 for the awards ceremony, which was held on-court at the new Louis Armstrong Stadium. Executives from the US Open and USTA, including US Open Tournament Director David Brewer, US Open Referee Brian Earley, Chief Umpire Soeren Friemel and Deputy Referee Mark Darby, were on hand to recognize the hard work of the umpires.

In addition to the four honorees, two long-time US Open officials were recognized.

The first was US Open Tournament Referee Brian Earley. After working at the US Open for 39 years, Earley will be retiring at the conclusion of the 2018 US Open.

“I couldn’t have done any of this without all of you,” said Earley. “Thank you to my referee staff. I look forward to helping the next person who’s fortunate enough to be in the position.”

And Woodie Walker, a stalwart in the officiating community, celebrated her 50th anniversary with the US Open.

“The one thing that has brought me back so much, I want to see the transformation, yes, but I wanted to see all the same, familiar faces,” said Walker. "You are my family, and the US Open is home for me."

The recipients of the 2018 US Open Umpire Awards:

• Nicholas E. Powel Award: Bonnie Hartshorn
• Jack Stahr Award: Andrew Kim
• John T. McGovern Award: Ken Austin
• Woodie Walker C.A.R.E. Award: Donna Bailey