After taking her maiden Grand Slam title in Australia at the beginning of the year, two-time US Open finalist Caroline Wozniacki is in New York, looking to add another major title to her collection.

On Friday, the world ranked No. 2 spoke to reporters at the 2018 US Open Media Day, excited for her return back to the big stage and loud crowds of the Big Apple.

“I love playing here. I think it's a great event and I think the courts suit my game, and the crowd, I love to play on big courts,” said Wozniacki on Friday. “When it gets loud and exciting, that's what I live for, you know.”

“When it gets loud and exciting, that's what I live for, you know.”
play video Media Day: Caroline Wozniacki Interview

Wozniacki is slated to face 2011 US Open women’s singles champion Sam Stosur in her first-round match on the hard courts in Flushing, and noted that it won’t be easy win.

“You know, it's definitely a tough first round. I have to be ready from the start. There is no easing into it.”

Wozniacki, seeded No. 2 in the draw, touched upon her first memories of the Open, and two former role models, turned friends, that inspired her.

“The US Open is very special. I think some of my earlier memories were when Venus [Williams] and Serena [Williams] started coming up, when they were young,” said Wozniacki. “They had the braids and the beads. And I remember, I think it was Venus, the hair, it all fell out on the court. Those are some of my earlier memories.”

Besides talking about how much she admired the Williams sisters, the Denmark native spoke about how as a prominent player and figure, she makes it her mission to use her platform.

“We have a huge platform, and I think we need to use it for good. We are very privileged to be here,” said Wozniacki. “We have millions of people watching us play every week, and we're in the media all the time because our tour is from January through end of October. So use it for good. Use it for your passion and for whatever, you know, you believe in. Yeah, just really use it for good.”