WHAT: Approximately 80 sought-after positions as ballpersons for the 2013 US Open are up for grabs with more than 400 people competing for spots. Prospective ballpersons will be evaluated by US Open officials on their running, throwing and catching skills.
WHO: Ages 14 and older trying out for the coolest summer job in sports.
WHEN: Thursday, June 20*
General Public Open Tryouts - 3:00 p.m. registration
Registration line for the general public begins forming at 3:00 p.m. Evaluation process will begin at approximately 4 p.m., after a welcome by US Open Ballperson Director Tina Taps.
WHERE: USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, Flushing, New York
- US Open ballpersons are paid an hourly wage.
- Ralph Lauren is the official outfitter of the US Open ballpersons.
- The 2013 US Open qualifying draw will be held Tuesday, August 20, through Friday, August 23. The 2013 US Open main draw will be held Monday, August 26, through Monday, September 9.
- Tickets for the 2013 US Open can be purchased:
- at USOpen.org
- by calling Ticketmaster 1-866-OPEN-TIX or the US Open Ticket Office at 1-718-760-6363
- at all Ticketmaster outlets
- at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center box office