By nature of the US Open National Playoffs concept, the Sectional Qualifying Tournaments are as inclusive and open as possible with the following guidelines & restrictions in place:
- Players must be 14 years of age or older (as of August 26, 2013).
- Open to Amateurs and Professionals.
- U.S. citizenship is not required.
- No domicile restrictions for players.
- A player must be a current USTA member and must maintain his/her membership through and inclusive of August 26, 2013.
- All players must be in good standing with the ITF, including but not limited to complying with WADA.
- Able/non-able bodied players may compete alongside one another and shall abide by their respective rules of play.
- A player may only compete in one (1) Sectional Qualifying Tournament during a calendar year in each division; players competing in men’s singles or women’s singles and mixed doubles may opt to compete at different Sectional Qualifying Tournaments (one for singles and one for mixed doubles).
- Participation in the US Open National Playoffs will not impact a player’s ability to secure a 2013 US Open Qualifying Tournament or Main Draw Wild Card or receive a Direct Acceptance into the 2013 US Open Singles Championship or 2013 US Open Mixed Doubles Championship.